If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple side dish we love to make with grilled meats, though it can also be cooked in the oven. I use PAM butter spray instead of a half-stick of butter, which retains the buttery flavor but makes the dish more healthy and almost fat-free. We make our dish with purple onions because the flavor is not quite so strong as yellow onions and somewhat sweeter than white onions. The herbs here are dried but you are welcome to use fresh ones it you have them. My hubby had already gotten into the mushrooms when I took the photo so it may appear as a little less than the recipe calls for!) —BeijingRose
- 1 container of fresh whole white mushrooms
- 1 purple onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder/granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- PAM butter spray
- salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms and set aside. Slice the onion. Take a large piece of sturdy aluminum foil and spray it with PAM butter spray. Toss in the mushrooms and onions, sprinkle on the herbs and pepper, then spray all of it again with PAM. Fold the foil in half then fold the 3 sides doubly to seal. Set on the grill for half an hour, or in a 400 degree oven, to cook.