If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As I was looking for a recipe using zucchinis on the internet, I realized that most of the recipes I liked have ingredients that I do not have on hand. Then I decided to create my own recipe with what I have (kale, onions, yellow peppers...) ,which ended up as a delicious, meal-worthy and healthy dish.
- 4 zucchinis, washed and peeled like fettuccini noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch (4-5 leaves) kale, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 scallions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- Handful walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hemps seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- A dashes Black Pepper
- Place the zucchini ribbons into a colander, add salt and let it drain for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot put some water and, using a steam basket, steam the kale for 5 minutes. Take it out and let it cool. Once cooled, chop it into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and cook until they are fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the yellow pepper, garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchinis, mix and cook for 6-7 minutes. As they cook, they will soften and will start looking like noodles. Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped kale.
- To make the dressing: Mix vegenaise and red wine vinegar in a bowl. Season it black pepper.
- Drizzle the zucchini and kale mixture with the dressing. Add a handful of (or more) walnuts in and mix.
- When ready to serve sprinkle it with a tablespoon of hemp seeds.