Author Notes: A great salad for lunch celebrating figs with a honey-lemon vinaigrette. —inpatskitchen
Serves 2 for lunch
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake! Set aside.
For the salad
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 5 fresh figs (I used Brown Turkey)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A few grains of sea salt
- 3 to 4 Handfuls of mixed green lettuces (I used a Spring mix)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably Bulgarian
- The vinaigrette
- Pre heat your oven to 350F. Place the pecans on a small baking sheet and bake them for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Raise the oven temp to 375F. Stem and cut the figs in half and place cut side up a a baking sheet. Drizzle the tablespoon of honey over the figs and then place a few grains of the sea salt over. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Toss the mixed greens with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and then scatter them over a plate or platter. Arrange the figs, pecans and feta over and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey