If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
A great salad for lunch celebrating figs with a honey-lemon vinaigrette.
A great salad for lunch celebrating figs with a honey-lemon vinaigrette.—inpatskitchen
Serves: 2 for lunch
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon fine sea salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake! Set aside.
For the salad
cup pecan halves
fresh figs (I used Brown Turkey)
A few grains of sea salt
3 to 4
Handfuls of mixed green lettuces (I used a Spring mix)
cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably Bulgarian
- Pre heat your oven to 350F. Place the pecans on a small baking sheet and bake them for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Raise the oven temp to 375F. Stem and cut the figs in half and place cut side up a a baking sheet. Drizzle the tablespoon of honey over the figs and then place a few grains of the sea salt over. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Toss the mixed greens with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and then scatter them over a plate or platter. Arrange the figs, pecans and feta over and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey