If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fig jam with kumquats, yellow tomatoes and walnuts. —Greedy Foodster
Makes: 500ml jar
handful small yellow tomatoes
cup dark muscovado shugar
pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Halve the kumquats lengthwise and quarter the figs and tomatoes.
- Put in a deep 20" pot with the sugar, salt pepper, marsala and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, taking care not to mash up the fruit too much
- Just before you remove from the heat, add the broken walnut kernels and stir to coat
- Put in a sterilized jar straight away and close shut.
- Let it cool before transferring to the fridge
- It matures and the flavour deepens with time, if you have the patience to wait!. It will keep for up to a month