If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Marinated chicken elegantly cooked in onion and yogurt sauce with green chillies & Red chilli adding the hotness and cashews adding creaminess to the curry —deepavijicooks
- 1/2 pound Chicken
- 1/2 cup shallots ground to a paste
- 1 onion (cut into rings)
- 4 green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons onion
- to taste salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 6 cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 cup yogurt
- Marinate the chicken with shallot paste, chopped green chili ,ginger paste,garlic paste,oil and salt and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
- Soak cashews and poppy seeds in water for 30 minutes.
- In blender grind cashew and poppy into a smooth paste.
- heat butter and temper with cinnamon,cloves,red chillies and peppercorns
- fry and add marinated chicken until raw smell goes off.
- Then add onion rings .
- once onion gets cooked add beaten yogurt and ground cashew poppy paste.
- Cover and cook well until chicken is fully done.
- Serve over Rice/Bread
- This recipe is inspired from vahrehvah.com with my own alterations to the recipe