If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This satisfying plant-based recipe is perfect for a cool fall day: roasted spaghetti squash topped with almond butter sauce and broccoli and red pepper stir-fry. Yum! —lynne
Squash & Sauce
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Poke holes in the squash (so it won’t burst while baking), place it in a shallow baking pan and cook for 45–50 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, combine the almond butter, soy/tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, water, garlic and agave into a food processor and blend.
- Add more water until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Set the sauce aside, and heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until brown.
- Add the red pepper, water, soy/tamari sauce and broccoli and cook until tender, about 3–4 minutes.
- When the squash is done, cut it in half and scoop out the seeds and fibrous strings from the center. Discard.
- Scrape around the edges of the squash with a fork to shred the pulp into strands.
- To put it all together, add the almond butter sauce to the spaghetti squash noodles, and stir to coat.
- Top it off with the stir-fry vegetables, and enjoy!