If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Team Family Favorite along the Weekly Tailgate Trail: Quick, Easy, Healthy, Inexpensive, Flavorful, and Travels Well! —Peggy Gilbey McMackin
Serves a team and families at a mixed buffet tailgate, can be doubled
For the Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds Medium Shell Pasta, cooked, rinsed, cooled
- 1- 16 ounces can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-16 ounces can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 16 ounces can Artichoke Hearts, drained and quartered
- 1-16 ounces package Frozen Peas, thawed in with salad ingredients
- 5 Scallions (green onions), chopped very thinly
- 1/2-3/4 cups Parsley, fresh chopped
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Pepper to Taste
For the Dressing
- 1/2-3/4 Fresh Lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Into a long, deep rectangular container add in the drained Garbanzo and Kidney Beans lightly salting the beans and stirring through a bit of olive oil to season. Carefully stir in artichoke hearts, frozen peas and chopped scallions. Sprinkle Pasta Shells with some salt and olive oil, stir, then add to the bean and vegetable mixture, stir in parsley. Add in a little more olive oil if Pasta needs moistening. Cover and refrigerate overnight before Tailgate Travel. Prepare Dressing.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Transfer dressing to seal proof container and stir together with Pasta Salad about fifteen minutes or more before Team Family Tailgate event begins. Taste for seasoning adding in a little more salt and pepper or a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
- Helpful Equipment for Tailgate Travel: 1 Long Rectangular Plastic Container with Lid. I use a 3" deep Sterilite 11"x14" Containers available at Target. Lined with a piece of Freezer Paper across the bottom these containers with clip on lids are extremely helpful in preparing larger volumes of foods for Tailgate Dishes and Sports Tailgate Travel. Fish Flats are also useful if available. Utensils to Remember for Tailgate Dish: A Wire Whisk to whisk dressing before stirring into Pasta Salad, a Large Serving Tray, if desired, A Large Stainless Spoon for Stirring Pasta, and if you do not have access to a sink, an additional Large Metal Spoon for Serving, plastic spoons for tasting before serving. If you do not have a designated Tailgate Box with salt and pepper, you may want to include these, along with a lemon in case you want to add in a bit more flavor to taste.