If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A creamy, velvety mushroom soup that substitutes cauliflower for cream. Healthy, vegan, low-fat and low-calorie! —The Fit Foodie
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 2/3 cups diced white mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 large sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Place cauliflower, milk, onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened. Remove garlic, mash into a paste and set aside
- Meanwhile, add oil, mushrooms onion, garlic paste and whole sprig of thyme to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over high heat until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Once vegetables have been browned, deglaze the pan by pouring the white wine into the pan and stir until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove thyme sprig (it has completed its job!)
- Pour cauliflower mixture and sauteed mushrooms into a food processor, immersion blender or blender leaving a small handful of mushrooms behind for garnish if desired. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve, eat immediately, and thank me later.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup