If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegetarian soup is a combination of root veggies and spicy curry powder and turmeric that makes a creamy, healthy lunch or supper. It is super simple to make but holds lots of flavor. —Grace Flack
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- yogurt and cilantro (for garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Peel and cut carrots into chunks. Combine with chopped onion and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, curry powder and turmeric.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Warm the vegetable stock in a large pan and scrape the roasted vegetables into the pan. Puree with a hand immersion blender or in batches in a blender until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings, salt, pepper and curry powder, and add in the cream (if using). Serve with a garnish of yogurt and cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup