If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although we can get mushrooms any time, in autumn the smell and the taste are the best. Also, the brown color makes us to feel autumn. Mushrooms contain a lot of dietary fibers which regulate the functions of the intestines, and they are low calories. The combination of mushroom and soymilk helps to keep your shape. Enjoy it !! —Natsuko Kure
- 5oz(150g) a variety of mushrooms, cut or separated into bite size
- 1 pound chicken thigh, cut into bite-size pieces, seasoned with S & P
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 cups(480ml) soy milk
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 1/2 cups(360ml) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- salad oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil (optional)
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from the pot. Brown mushrooms, and remove from the pot.
- Combine chicken stock and miso paste into the pot using a whisk. After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat to low
- Return the chicken and the mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add soymilk, sugar, and salt. Keep low heat until the soup is warm. (Don’t boil it*)
- Garnish with chives. Drizzle sesame oil(optional)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup