If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, everyday healthy bread with an easy- to-follow recipe —bonheurcuisine
Makes: 2 loaves
gr all-purpose flour
gr whole wheat flour
gr wheat bran
tablespoon fine salt
gr unsalted butter, softened
ml lukewarm water
gr fresh yeast
tablespoon quick oats
- Add the sugar to the lukewarm water. Dissolve the yeast in the water and allow to foam for 15 minutes
- Combine the flours, the bran and the salt in a bowl and make a well in the middle
- Add the honey. Pour the water with the yeast and knead
- Add the softened unsalted butter and knead until the dough has a uniform texture
- Place the dough in a floured bowl and allow to prove for an hour
- Cut the dough into two pieces and knead with a rolling pin to degas
- Roll into two loaves
- Make a few cuts on the surface, brush with eggwash and sprinkle with quick oats
- Place on a greased, lined baking sheet or tin and allow to prove for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and place on a rack