Author Notes: At the start of every new year (and at the start of each season, too), I like to do a juice fast for 3-5 days. It's a great way to eliminate toxins, nourish the skin and clean out the system. I subsist on a variety of vegetable and fruit juices, and this is a favorite. It's also a great way to start the day, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. The bright flavor harbors a healthy dose of vitamins C and A and anti-inflammatory ginger. —gluttonforlife
ripe, juicy pears
large fennel bulb, trimmed and fronds removed
large bunch watercress
2" knob of ginger
- Slice the pears and fennel bulb into quarters.
- Pare the peel and pith from the lemon, and slice in half.
- Run all ingredients through a juicer. Pour into 2 tall glasses and drink immediately. (You may want to serve with a tall spoon or swizzle stick as juice will separate if not drunk right away.)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish