Author Notes: My heirloom tomatoes plants are providing us an impressive crop. This recipe was designed around using some of the tomatoes. —Maureen McD
ounces fresh green beans, cleaned
3 to 4
small to medium fresh tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
clove garlic, chopped
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook green beans until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat pan on medium heat and then add oil.
- Add chopped garlic to pan and cook but be careful not to burn garlic. Time will probably be about a minute depending on the heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to cook down to half quantity.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a simmer to warm up tomatoes and release their juices
- Add green beans to pan, mix well. Adjust seasonings and serve.