If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My heirloom tomatoes plants are providing us an impressive crop. This recipe was designed around using some of the tomatoes. —Maureen McD
ounces fresh green beans, cleaned
3 to 4
small to medium fresh tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
clove garlic, chopped
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook green beans until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat pan on medium heat and then add oil.
- Add chopped garlic to pan and cook but be careful not to burn garlic. Time will probably be about a minute depending on the heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to cook down to half quantity.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a simmer to warm up tomatoes and release their juices
- Add green beans to pan, mix well. Adjust seasonings and serve.