If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is simplicity and ease embodied in one pan and a recipe that allows us to be 'healthy' by eating piles of greens (while of course forgetting that they are cooked in bacon fat!)
this recipe was adapted from a version on deliciouslyorganic.net, but the methods and ingredient amounts are different, and there is a couple of additional ingredients as well that take this side over the top! —thefood
slices of really good bacon, diced
large head of swiss chard, chopped or sliced
medium red onion, julienned
tablespoon really good balsamic vinegar
teaspoon really good maple syrup
teaspoon salt (or more/less to taste)
teaspoon pepper (or more/less to taste)
- in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring regularly, until crisp. remove skillet from heat, and using a slotted spoon transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- add the onion to the skillet, and saute until translucent.
- add chard and stir continuously unti glistening with bacon grease.
- drizzle chard with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar, and toss well. saute until wilted and desired tenderness is achieved.
- remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. sprinkle with bacon and serve immedietely.
- come back for seconds and thirds, and then wish for days that there were leftovers!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side