If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s a vegan version of the French Salad Nicoise, perfect for a picnic in the grass. I hope you’re savoring this beautiful weather while it’s still here! Get out there and enjoy it (and take this salad with you for a tasty lunch in the park). —lynne
The Salad & Dressing
- 4 new potatoes, boiled
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bag organic mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
The Mock Egg
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/3 cup veganaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- Place the mixed greens at the bottom of a serving plate or platter.
- Assemble the green beans in a cluster, and arrange the other vegetables around them.
- To make the mock egg, mix the celery, onion an garlic in a food processor until well-mixed, then add the tofu, lemon, turmeric, veganaise, Dijon mustard and dill and process again until smooth.
- Scoop two portions of mock egg and arrange on top of the greens and veggies.
- Garnish with remaining chopped dill. Serve, and enjoy!