If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am in love with preserved lemon and have tested many ways to incorporate it into sweet, savory and just plain everyday dishes. I put this in lettuce cups and serve as a wrap for lunch as well. I also interchange the quinoa for brown rice or wheat berries. —rhonda steppat
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/2 of a whole preserved lemon
- 1 handful dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 &1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 handful toasted slivered almonds
- Discard pulp of preserved lemon, rinse well and fine chop peel
- Put chopped lemon, broth, water and quinoa in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat ( make sure you have a nice tight lid fit).
- Place cover on pan and reduce heat to simmer for about twenty minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- After twenty minutes, remove from heat and toss in dried cherries ( or dried cranberries). toasted almonds and fluff all together with fork. Place the lid back on and let stand at least ten minutes. This can be served hot, warm or even room temperature.