Author Notes: At this time of year there is so much for a cook to do! Expectations of guests present a challenge. Fortunately, this simple "dip" or "spread" is very simple. Best of all, it is delicious. I wish to dedicate the recipe to mon ami tres cher Liz of New Orleans.... —La Bonne Femme
cup Cooked lentils
cup Dry vermouth
- Simmer prunes till soft in vermouth (or leftover white wine). Cool slightly.
- Puree lentils (drained) with softened prunes and liquid.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with croutons (toasted baguette slices).
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans