If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunch, salt, sweet, rich, fall flavors are intertwined in this amazing side dish while taking advantage of the wild mushroom season here in the Pacific Northwest. I love Fall, everything about it...scarves, boots, leaves changing, crisp cool days-and mostly the oven roasting away. Roasted squash is by far one of my favorites, the sweet tender flesh(is this inappropriate verbiage?) leads itself to countless recipes, mix with hearty wild mushrooms, bold blue cheese, sweet maple & sherry and toasted almonds; heaven is here. —Shannan
Sherry Maple Gastrique
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1+ teaspoons Water
- Reduce sherry vinegar by half, mix in maple syrup, take off heat and use water to thin if need be. Reserve gastrique for a later drizzle.
Roasted vegetables, Blue Cheese, Almonds and Greens
- 1 Delicata squash cleaned and sliced into half moons
- 2 cups Chanterelle Mushrooms cleaned and torn
- 2 cups Maitake Mushrooms cleaned and torn
- 2 cups Mixed Baby Greens (Kale, treviso, frisée...)
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- fresh Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drizzle all mushrooms with a light coat of olive oil with S&P, roast in the oven till edges are browned
- Drizzle squash with a light coat of olive oil with S&P, roast in the oven till edges are browned
- Wash and tear baby greens, spin or pat dry
- Chop toasted almonds, I like to use a hammer
- Mix roasted veg and greens with 1 t sherry vinegar, 1 T olive oil, splash lemon juice and S&P to taste
- Top with crushed nuts, crumble blue cheese and drizzle with gastrique
- Eat and Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side