If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the cooler weather approaching I love to add delectable comfort side dishes to my meals. This risotto is fragrant, flavorful and very elegant. —Marisa R
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 leek, washed, green ends removed and white end chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup Italian arborio or carnaroli short grain rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- pinches salt & pepper
- Preheat a medium pot, add oil and leeks. Cook on medium heat to soften leeks until they are slightly translucent 3-5 min. Add the rice and stir to coat for 1-2 min. Add the wine, stirring until wine is absorbed on med. low heat. Add 1 cup of broth and continue simmering & stirring, lowering the heat. When the broth has almost absorbed add the next cup and continue cooking until the grain has plumped , the liquid is finished and the rice is cooked to al dente (with a bite). Ten minutes before the rice is cooked add the parsley, continue stirring so rice does not stick to pot. Taste for doneness and adjust for seasonings.
Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- 2 red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- On a BBQ, grill pan or under the broiler, roast the whole peppers, turning every 4-5 min to blacken the skin. Remove and cool to the touch. With a knife scrape back the charred skin. Seed the pepper and place in food processor.
- While the rice cooks, puree all ingredients with a processor/blender or hand mixer.. If the mixture is too thick add 1 tbsp EVOO Stir in the pureed peppers and cheese. Mix to incorporate. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Let the mixture sit for 10 min to combine flavours and absorb all of the liquid. (The broth and cheese add a great deal of salt. You may not need to add extra)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side