If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm, vibrant, and tangy, this salad is perfect for the transition into spring. The carrots and quickly broiled to maintain their fresh crunch and flavors. The bold, spiced carrots paired with creamy hummus, avocado and arugula makes this salad a total crowd pleaser. —Shell
Garam Masala Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 piece avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned
- Place oven rack approximately 2" from the broiler flame or heating element and pre-heat oven to broil.
- Wash carrots and peel if desired. Depending on the size of each carrot, slice in half or quarters lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, garam masala and salt. Rub the spices into the carrots.
- Place in oven and broil for approximately 8 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the intensity and strength of the flame, so check carrots every 2 minutes, turning them at least once. Remove when they begin to brown and char.
Spicy Chickpea Hummus
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas
- 2 pieces garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 piece lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in a food processor. Pulse with garlic until roughly chopped.
- Add tahini, lemon juice and zest, hot sauce and salt, and blend on high. Slowly add in olive oil and continue until blend until smooth. For a very smooth hummus, push through a fine mesh strainer to remove chunks.
- Spread hummus on the bottom of a serving dish. Top with roasted carrots, arugula, and avocado.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side