If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a showstopper side for special occasions that make any guest feel like your rolling out the red carpet. Enveloping buttery soft eggplant wrapped in prosciutto, nestling soft creamy ricotta. Small packages with big taste! —Marisa R
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lg. egg
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black pitted olives
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeded & diced ( store bought can be used) * Recipe follows*
- 3 long chinese eggplants
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 9-12 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups preferably homemade tomato sauce
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients. Set aside.* Taste for seasoning but the cheese and prosciutto have plenty of salt.*
- Preheat oven to 350F Slice eggplants 1/4" - 1/2" slices making 3-4 lengthwise pieces = making 9-12 slices. Dredge both sides in flour. In a pie plate beat egg & pepper with a fork. Dip each floured eggplant slice into the egg mixture and place on a greased parchment lined baking sheet. Large enough to hold all of the slices. Bake for 15min turning over once, halfway of the cooking time. Just until eggplants are pliable. Remove and allow to cool to the touch.
- Assembly: Place 1 prosciutto slice on a clean flat surface. Lay a slice of eggplant over it. Add a large dollop of filling on the end closest to you. Begin to roll up, push any loose filling back into the roll. The egg will hold it in place when cooking. Place in a large enough casserole dish seam side down with the tomato sauce spread over the bottom. Continue until all of the rolls are finished in the same manner. *You could switch the presentation by placing the eggplant on the bottom then laying the prosciutto on top if you desire*
- Bake in the center of a preheated 350F for 30-40 min until prosciutto is crisp. Top with the sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side