If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love serving guest small individual portions. They feel special with this tiny presentation and when you cut into the center it is oozes with filled Canadian Bacon, cream cheese and hot tomato sauce —Marisa R
- 6 cups of cooked rice (brown and white can be mixed for added fiber)
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 slices peameal bacon, cut in half
- 1 cup cream cheese, chive & onion flavour
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or your favourite high quality brand + more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, for greasing ramekins
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter then sprinkle bread crumbs inside. Rotate around the dish. Tap out excess. Set aside In a large bowl mix cooked rice with the egg and parmesan cheese. Season to taste if needed with salt & pepper Spoon approx. 1/2 cup of rice mixture into ramekins pressing rice onto sides and bottom firmly, leaving a cavity for the filling Place 1 slice of bacon over rice, shape to contours of ramekin. Fill cavity with 1tbsp sauce, a dollop of cream cheese and a few frozen peas. Press firmly Spoon more rice mixture over ramekins, sealing in all of the filling, press firmly Continue until all mixture is finished and ramekins are full. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 30min. Broil 2 min to brown top slightly, watch carefully Allow to cool for 5 min. Rim the ramekins with the back of a knife to loosen. Turn upside down on serving plate Add any remaining cream cheese to extra sauce for garnishing and stir to make a rose sauce. Spoon over Timbale, garniish with parsley Enjoy with love!
- * These can be prepared the day before and popped in the refrigerator when needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side