If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A touch of savory a touch of sweetness. Creamy filled peppers stuffed with rice are a great side dish 2 in one —Marisa R
- 2 each perfect shaped red & green peppers
- 1/2 cup feta
- 2 cups cooked rice, seasoned with salt
- 1/2 cup herb & garlic cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fine diced zucchini
- 1 celery rib, diced fine
- 1/2 cup onion diced fine
- 1/2 cup ground turkey (chicken can be used)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp dried cherries
- Heat a large skillet on med heat( 6-8), begin to sauté onion, celery, zucchini, salt & pepper to taste, until softened 5-10min. Add ground chicken, continue cooking until no pink shows in the meat. Remove from heat source add rice, cherries, parsley, gently mix in cream cheese and crumble feta on top. Adjust for salt. Set filling aside. In a small casserole dish large enough to fit peppers standing, pour in 1/2c tomato sauce to coat bottom. If it is too thick add 2T water. Cut 1/2" off tops of the peppers crosswise to remove stem. This will be the top presentation. Using hands remove the core with the seeds by twisting off gently. . If the peppers do not sit properly, carefully slice off part of the bottom to stand up properly. *Use any leftovers to sauté with filling*. Using your fingers spread oil on outside of peppers and tops of peppers. Begin to scoop filling into peppers, pressing down to fill. Add remaining sauce ontop of peppers. Place lid back on. Bake for 35-45min. uncovered in a 400F oven Serve with any sauce that is on bottom of casserole dish.
- Filling can be made up to 2 days in advance then stuffed into peppers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side