If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love serving a flavorful salad as my side dish, and this salad always gets rave reviews. The hot dressing gently wilts the spinach to make this a simple showstopper. —noellemyers
ounces bag fresh spinach
slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon
cup thinly sliced red onion
tablespoons all fruit strawberry jam
tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a large heat safe bowl. Toss with red onion.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Crumble bacon. Reserve 1 ½ tsp drippings.
- In a small sauce pan, melt jam over medium heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar and bacon drippings. Bring to a boil Boil 1 minute. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach in bowl. Toss to wilt spinach and disperse the dressing. Toss strawberries and spinach mixture. Plate salad on to 6 small plates. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of each salad. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side