If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an old family favorite from my grandmother Mabel Kennedy Sullivan. She use to make this for our family when I was a little girl. She inspired me to try new things and experiment with foods! My grandchildren ask me to make this often, my six year old grandson calls this "Tiny Cabbages and Bacon".
We serve this all year long for dinner, parties and pot lucks... it is so simple and easy yet everyone seems to love it! —Colleen Sowa
- 4 pounds Brussels Spouts
- 1 pound bacon (chopped)
- 1/3 cup water (to get drippings from pan)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white or black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar of choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Chop up the sliced bacon. Fry in a large skillet on medium heat until bacon it crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and place in a bowl until needed. Using the same large skillet: put Brussels sprouts in and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add water and spices, cover skillet with lid. cook for about 10 to 12 minutes longer. Remove lid and add any of the optional ingredients at this time. Gently stir with slotted spoon. Stir in most of the bacon (saving some for optional garnish) *Serve individually or in a large dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side