If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with biscuits, cornbread, toasted pecans and sage pork sausage, this is a great variation of a traditional Thanksgiving stuffing made 'Party Ready' in bright orange hollowed out mini pumpkins. —Food vs Plate
- 3 cups Biscuits, crumbled
- 3 cups Cornbread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 pound Sage breakfast sausage, browned
- 1/3 cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 12 Mini pumpkins
- Bake or buy the biscuits and cornbread the day before you begin the recipe. Day old bread is preferable.
- Saute onions and celery in 2 T. butter until soft. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Brown sausage in skillet. Once cooked, add to the mixing bowl.
- Add crumbled biscuits, cornbread, salt, pepper, sage and parsley. Pour in 1/4 c. melt butter then stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together canned soup and 1 cup water. Pour mixture over biscuit dressing and stir to combine.
- Gently cut the tops off the pumpkins and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Saving the top for a garnish on the plate.
- Stuff pumpkins with 1/3 to 1/2 c. dressing depending on the size of your pumpkins. Bake, covered with foil in a 350 deg. oven for 45 mins. Take off the foil and continue to bake for 15 mins. until lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side