If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The flavours of spring burst in your mouth with each bite! This dish is colourful and fresh. But, you can make this impressive dish any time of the year and know one will know you used nutty brown rice! —Marisa R
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon salt & pepper
cups over ripe tomatoes (heirloom can be used or cherry tomatoes as well without peeling)
- With a sharp knife peel the skin off of the over ripe tomatoes (it will not peel if they are not over ripe). Squeeze out any excess seeds and dice. Place in a bowl.
- Add garlic, salt & pepper, basil and toss with your hands allowing the pieces to fall through your fingers gently. Drizzle with oil and allow it to pool around the mixture. Let it sit and marinate up to 1 hr. at room temperature.
- *Heirloom or grape/cherry tomatoes have tender skin so you will not have to peel them if using*
cups chicken broth ( vegetable broth can be used)
cups instant brown rice
cup parmesan flakes or shards
- Bring the broth to a boil. Pour in the rice. Stir so it does not stick. Cook on medium high heat for 5-8 min. Then cover and allow the grains to soak up the liquids for 10-30min. Depending on whether you want hot or room temp. salad. Drain any remaining liquid
- Serving: Toss both rice & tomato mixture together and spoon on to a platter. Sprinkle cheese over the dish and serve piping hot or warm. Leftovers if there are any can be stored in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side