If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this recipe for dinner parties because it is foolproof and beautiful. It was inspired by ABC Kitchen's carrot and avocado salad, which I found to be delicious but too much work for a busy dinner party prep period. Whole carrots are easy to come by year-round, whether it's beautiful tri-colored carrots with stems or just whole orange ones from the bag. Roast them up, arrange them on a nice platter, and you're set to go. —PalateGal
- 4 pounds whole carrots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and peel carrots. Arrange side by side in a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Rotate carrots to coat.
- Sprinkle cumin, crushed red pepper, minced garlic, salt, and pepper over carrots.
- Roast for 45 min or until tender but not mushy.