If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is a delicious adult take on our childhood secret snack habit of microwaving plates of grated cheddar cheese--until it was crispy and chewy on the edges and oozed in the center. The carrots get a deep roasted flavor and the cheese gets crunchy and adds a good touch of salt. —Posie Harwood
- 2 bunches large carrots, about 15 or so
- 1/2 cup good, hard, salty cheese like Pecorino or Parmesan (or any mix)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325. Peel the carrots and slice them into coins of uniform thickness.
- Toss the carrots with the olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet (or two if need be for space but you want them pretty close without much extra space). Sprinkle with the cheese and roast for about 30 minutes, until the cheese is browned and starting to crisp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side