If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you haven’t noticed by now… I love one-pot cooking. Especially when the pan can go from the stove to the table!
These meal came to me while I was walking around the produce department not knowing what to make for dinner and I spotted the Tomatillo on sale! Immediately braised chicken came to me and created this delicious recipe. I hope you try my Braised Chicken with Tomatillo Salsa and it follows the Paleo diet and is gluten free.
Note: If you love to combine the two together. After you mix in your food processor blender pour into the braising pan and combine the salsa with the chicken. Take pan to table and enjoy family style! —Cindy Anschutz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bone-in split chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 bone-in chicken breast
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced in 1/2 the long way (divided)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 7 tomatillos
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a Le Creuset Braising Pan over high heat, add in olive oil bring to almost a smoking point (you will see ridges in the oil). Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken, skin side down to the hot pan.
- Once skin is browned, flip over (about 4 minutes) then add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the jalapeño chopped, and bay leaves. Lover to simmer; cover and cook on medium
- Remove wrapers from tomatillos then rinse and cut in half.
- Add chicken broth and tomatillos over medium heat for 7 minutes. Add in parsley, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a fork remove the skin that has fallen off the tomatoes. Take mixture once cooled and pour in Ultra Wide Mouth™ Series Food Processor or KitchenAid® 3-Speed Blender. Mix until combined. Pour back into pan and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve plate chicken then drizzle tomatillo salsa over chicken.