If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Comfort food that hugs you to your soul —The Kitchen Whisperer
- 1 medium head of cabbage cored and rough cut into 1-2" pieces
- 4 medium red skinned potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 1/2:" thick ham steaks cut into 1" cubes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 bayleaf
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place half of the cabbage, potatoes, beans and ham down in the crock pot.
- Season with half of the pepper and salt then add in the bay leaf.
- Add the remaining cabbage, potatoes, beans and ham along with the remaining salt/pepper.
- Pour 3 cups of stock over top.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 7 hours or 4 for high.
- 20 minutes before the dish is done, add in the butter and stir gently.
- After 10 minutes, put the flour and remaining 1 cup of stock in a jar and shake to make a slurry.
- Pour this into the crock pot, stir and replace the lid cooking for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow to cool for 10 minutes.