Author Notes: Comfort food that hugs you to your soul —The Kitchen Whisperer
medium head of cabbage cored and rough cut into 1-2" pieces
medium red skinned potatoes
cups fresh green beans cut into 1 1/2" pieces
thick ham steaks cut into 1" cubes
cups chicken stock
teaspoons black pepper
tablespoons butter, unsalted
In This Recipe
- Place half of the cabbage, potatoes, beans and ham down in the crock pot.
- Season with half of the pepper and salt then add in the bay leaf.
- Add the remaining cabbage, potatoes, beans and ham along with the remaining salt/pepper.
- Pour 3 cups of stock over top.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 7 hours or 4 for high.
- 20 minutes before the dish is done, add in the butter and stir gently.
- After 10 minutes, put the flour and remaining 1 cup of stock in a jar and shake to make a slurry.
- Pour this into the crock pot, stir and replace the lid cooking for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow to cool for 10 minutes.