If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cauliflower but wanted to make something different and decided to make soup! This is a great Paleo recipe and Italian recipe to enjoy… I may add red pepper flakes next time to give it a little extra kick but the white truffle oil did make cauliflower soup really amazing…
Note from Cindy: I use my emulsifier to blend right in my pan. I don’t like to dirty another appliance if I don’t have to. This is much easier to clean then a blender!
Just remember to remove from heat and set emulsifier in the pan and set to the on position!
Note: *White truffle oil is available at Italian markets, many specialty foods stores and select supermarkets. —Cindy Anschutz
- 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil* or extra-virgin olive oil
- Melt butter in heavy large cast iron pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cauliflower and sauté 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and chicken broth. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot. (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle truffle oil over and enjoy!