If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this Kale, Artichoke and Pecorino Salad the other day with ingredients I had in the house as a side dish for company. Everyone just loved this dish! Adding the Pecorino right before serving gave the salad and extra flavor that made this dish very yummy!! Give it a try! You can omit the cheese to keep it Paleo!
If you are looking for Graters or Zesters – Be sure to check out my friends at Edgware! Let them know Cindy sent you…
Note: This can be done up to 2 hours before serving! Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Enjoy
Cooks Tip! If you are using Pecorino cheese you can use less sea salt. Pecorino is a salty cheese. To learn more about Parmesan vs Pecorino please visit my blog post at Parmesan vs Pecorino —Cindy Anschutz
- 3-4 sliced pancetta
- Olive oil
- 1 can artichokes, quartered and drained
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- Take panchetta and chop. Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute pancetta until crisp – about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove pancetta and place on a plate lined with a white papertowel.
- Using the saute pan over medium heat add in artichokes and cook for 2 minutes on each side. You really just want them to brown a little. Remove from pan and set on a plate.
- In a large bowl or serving platter add chopped kale, Then add in artichokes and pancetta. Drizzle with olive oil (about 3 tablespoons) then add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss together. Using your Edgeware grater top with Pecorino cheese.