Author Notes: Inspired by Clotilde Dusoulier and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Adapt freely to your own likes or dislikes. —Nicholas Day
Makes a medium-sized bowl of hummus
- 1 pound cooked beets (I roast mine), quartered
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Taste throughout and adjust the balance as you see fit. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!