Author Notes: This dish is my once a year holiday treat, and best enjoyed with a group and a little cider or white wine. —eatboutique
Serves: 2 to 3 people
Camembert cheese in a round wood box
tablespoons Calvados (apple brandy)
baguette (or any bread you like dipped in cheese)
endive (or any vegetable you like dipped in cheese)
piece parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the Camembert from the little wood round it comes packaged in. Slip in a round of parchment paper (not wax paper) cut in a circle about twice the size of the wood round container. Place the Camembert back into the wood round.
- Place the round wood container on a cookie sheet and then in the oven. Cook until soft and gooey, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette and prepare the endive by cleaning, trimming and separating the leaves. Place all on a serving platter.
- Once cooked, remove the cheese from the oven and place it on your serving platter.
- Just before serving, pour Calvados onto the hot cheese. Enjoy by dipping bread slices and endive leads into the cheese.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!