If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While visiting Old Scottsdale on a vacation, I tasted a delicious kale salad at the Mission Restaurant. I made a list of the ingredients, and upon arriving home , I tried to reproduce it as best as possible. While not identical, it is certainly a tasty rendition! —leslie wilkof
- 1 large head Dinosaur, Lacinto, orTuscan kale
- 1/2 cup toaste Marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup crisp fried capers
- 1/2 cup gloden raisins
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup standard vinagrette
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred, sliced banana peppers
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cut ribs from the kale and cut into wide chiffonade.
- To make the dressing, prepare a 1/2 cup of classic vinagrette in a blender. Add the mayonnaise, peppers and honey and blender until smooth.
- Rub the kale manually with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Mound the kale and compose an arrangement of the remaining ingredients on each plate, drizzle deconratively with remaining aji dressing.