If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leeks and Lemon melt together for a flavorful yet completely grain-free recipe. Lemony bursts of flavor and cauliflower stand in for traditional ingredients —Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle
- 6 cups leeks
- 1 piece whole head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon heaping fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon heaping fresh thyme
- Rough chop cauliflower. Add it to a food processor along with rosemary and thyme. Pulse until finely chopped and resembling bread crumbs.
- To trim leeks, cut off white bottoms and green tops. Slice lengthwise and then cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Then soak pieces in a bowl of cold water to remove dirt. Drain well.
- To prepare lemon, use a sharp paring knife to cut the lemon in half. Slice into thin pieces and remove the seeds. Chop lemon into 1/2 inch size pieces.
- Heat 3/4 cup of olive oil in large braising pan. Add drained leeks, cauliflower mixture and chopped lemon. Sautee well on medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add stock and bacon grease and cover. Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 50 min. Be sure to check on it a few times to stir it.