If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This collard greens dish uses very little ingredients: light coconut milk, chili peppers, garlic, shallots, and galangal root. Perfect to serve over hot jasmine rice, with a cup of tea. Let’s nourish ourselves and be content. —Harini Narendra
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 3 garlic
- 3 shallots
- 5 Thai peppers
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 inch cut of galangal root
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Chop garlic, shallots, and Thai peppers in a food processor
- Heat up a medium size pan over medium heat and add oil
- Sweat garlic, shallots, and peppers for about one to two minutes
- Add coconut milk, salt, and galangal root to the pan. Stir until it starts to bubble.
- Add collard greens into the sauce, mix, and cover the pan for five minutes or until the greens wilt. Move it away from the heat and let it sit for a while to absorb the sauce.
- Discard galangal root
- Serve with hot jasmine rice