If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pomegranates: a pain in the you know what to open but worth every minute once you get to the jewels. Sweet, juicy, fantastic. I get slightly giddy every time I see them in the market this time of year. Besides being delicious, they are so beautiful! They also blend well in grain salads, like this quinoa side.
This quinoa is the perfect blend of juicy, sweet & salty. I like to called it Christmas Quinoa, a beautiful blend of red, green, and white. —Alex @ Delicious Knowledge
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 green or red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup feta, optional can use tofu feta or omit for vegan option
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Let cool completely. I like to cook my quinoa on the stove, keep covered and remove from heat. Let sit for an hour until completely cooled, fork to fluff the quinoa kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, pepper, pomegranate arils, feta (if using), toasted nuts, and mint.
- Whisk together the minced garlic clove, lemon, olive oil and pinch salt/pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve!