If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chef Lance Knowling of Food Network's Extreme Chef shows you how to make this elegant and tasty side dish that will wow your guests this holiday season! —Angela H.
- 2 acorn squash halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 small apple wedges with peel lightly sauteed
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn squash cut-side up and brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, brown sugar, onion, powder and ginger.
- Fill squash evenly with rice stuffing.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with apple wedge.