I'm a huge fan of the classic potato galette, cooked to perfection and served with some sour cream and a winter salad for dinner. I wanted to create something almost bite-sized, that would be good for parties, and this hit the spot! —Ashley Marie
- Makes 12
Miniature Fingerling Potatoes
Shallot, large, minced
Bacon Fat, divided
Brussels Sprouts, stems removed
Unsalted Butter, melted
Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
Chives, fresh, minced
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a mandolin slicer set on the 1/8" mark, slice unpeeled fingerling potatoes. Rinse slices gently under cold water, drain and place - in an even layer - on a clean kitchen towel. Cover with another clean kitchen towel and press to absorb moisture.
- While the potatoes dry out, halve sprouts and place in a food processor. Process until finely shredded.
- In a small skillet, heat 3 TBSP bacon fat over medium heat. Add shallots and sprouts, sauteing until tender, about 10 minutes. Taste for salt.
- Lightly grease your muffin tins using the remainder of the bacon fat on a paper towel.
- Begin layering your potatoes in the muffin tin until you reach halfway through the depth. Spoon a tablespoon of the sprout mixture on top and then continue layering the potatoes. Firmly press down on the tops of them to compress. Repeat with the remaining 11 muffin tins.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a classic bechamel sauce (using butter, flour, milk and salt) and let sit on low, stirring occasionally until ready.
- Then, prepare shrimp. Preheat a dry cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the shrimp in the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in hot skillet.
- They shouldn't take long to cook, only a few minutes, set aside and keep warm.
- When ready, remove potatoes from oven.
- Place a large (wooden) cutting board (or two small ones) over your muffin tins, and - using covered hands - grab the boards and the muffin tin at the same time, quickly flipping over. Gently pull up the muffin tin to reveal your mini gallettes.
- Place on a serving plate, spoon some bechamel sauce over, top with a shrimp and sprinkle with some fresh cut chives.