- Makes 12
I'm a huge fan of the classic potato galette, cooked to perfection and served with some sour cream and a winter salad for dinner. I wanted to create something almost bite-sized, that would be good for parties, and this hit the spot! —Ashley Marie
What You'll Need
Miniature Fingerling Potatoes
Shallot, large, minced
Bacon Fat, divided
Brussels Sprouts, stems removed
Unsalted Butter, melted
Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
Chives, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a mandolin slicer set on the 1/8" mark, slice unpeeled fingerling potatoes. Rinse slices gently under cold water, drain and place - in an even layer - on a clean kitchen towel. Cover with another clean kitchen towel and press to absorb moisture.
- While the potatoes dry out, halve sprouts and place in a food processor. Process until finely shredded.
- In a small skillet, heat 3 TBSP bacon fat over medium heat. Add shallots and sprouts, sauteing until tender, about 10 minutes. Taste for salt.
- Lightly grease your muffin tins using the remainder of the bacon fat on a paper towel.
- Begin layering your potatoes in the muffin tin until you reach halfway through the depth. Spoon a tablespoon of the sprout mixture on top and then continue layering the potatoes. Firmly press down on the tops of them to compress. Repeat with the remaining 11 muffin tins.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a classic bechamel sauce (using butter, flour, milk and salt) and let sit on low, stirring occasionally until ready.
- Then, prepare shrimp. Preheat a dry cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the shrimp in the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in hot skillet.
- They shouldn't take long to cook, only a few minutes, set aside and keep warm.
- When ready, remove potatoes from oven.
- Place a large (wooden) cutting board (or two small ones) over your muffin tins, and - using covered hands - grab the boards and the muffin tin at the same time, quickly flipping over. Gently pull up the muffin tin to reveal your mini gallettes.
- Place on a serving plate, spoon some bechamel sauce over, top with a shrimp and sprinkle with some fresh cut chives.