If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is my go-to couscous recipe when I'm serving chicken or fish. you can substitute the apricots and almonds for another dried fruit or nut of your choice (like cranberries, currents and pine nuts). —sweet enough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsulfurated dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- place butter and shallots in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. do not brown.
- add chicken or vegetable stock and bring up to a boil. remove from heat and add couscous, salt and apricots. cover for 10-15 minutes. fluff with a fork and add the almonds and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish