If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the easiest hors d'oeuvres in the world is grilled baguette. Brush it with a bit of olive oil, and throw it on a grill or grill pan until it's toasty and crunchy. Eat it as is, sprinkle it with herbs and spices, rub it with a clove of raw garlic, or mash avocado onto it. Because I love the combination of something smooth with something crunchy, I decided that the generous amount of smooth avocado here would stand up to two crunchy items - both the grilled bread and mixed nuts toss with smoky spices. —foxeslovelemons
Makes 12 crostini
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 whole grain baguette, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick (about 12 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 lemon
- In small bowl, stir together nuts, chili powder and paprika.
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan for direct grilling over medium heat. Brush both sides of baguette pieces with oil. Grill 30 seconds to 1 minute per side or until lightly browned. Immediately after bread comes off grill, rub 1 side with garlic clove.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon avocado flesh onto each crostini; mash and spread with fork.
- Sprinkle crostini with nut mixture and squeeze lemon juice over crostini. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre