If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These crostini are a long time favourite, the irresistible taste of artichoke combined with zingy lemon and chilli works very well on a bit of crunchy toast. A gentle garlic hum in the background and lots of verdant parsley add to the picture. Sometimes I put this on the table in a bowl with a pile of toasted sliced ciabatta or ficelle - alternatively I might pile up the artichoke onto the little croutes and hand them round on a plate - as ever its up to you. —Anna May
Makes about 12 depending on the size of your toast
- 1 jar chargrilled artichokes (around 280g)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Ciabatta, ficelle, baguette or similar to serve
- Put the artichokes, garlic, chilli, parsley and lemon into a jug and blitz with a hand held blender (or chop it by hand). Taste it - chillies vary in heat, so you may need to add some more and possibly a bit more lemon, it is important to have both heat and sharpness. Season. Slice and toast your chosen bread. When you are happy with the taste spread onto the little toasts or decant into a nice bowl, either way pour over a little good olive oil before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre