If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 small celery root, peeled and sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces smoked trout, pulled apart into pieces
- Toasted and buttered country bread slices, for serving
- Combine vegetables, chicken broth, bay leaf, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium to simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Using an immersion blender (or standard blender, working in batches), puree soup until smooth. Stir in sour cream and lemon juice. Serve soup topped with trout pieces alongside crusty bread.