If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky, spicy,sweet: bacon, curry, dates. The hot crunchy bacon gives way to a sweet creamy date and the surprise of curry! Simple to make; easy to eat. —LE BEC FIN
1 jar Madras Curry Paste (Patak's is fine)
50 Pitted Dates
16 ounces Bacon strips, cut in half crosswise
1 small box round toothpicks
- With a sharp pointed short knife, make a one inch lengthwise slit in the middle of each date (or pull apart) to make a pocket. Fill with about 1/2 teaspoon curry paste and close slit. Wrap a piece of bacon crosswise around the middle of the date, covering the pocket, and inserting a toothpick crosswise through the date to hold the bacon. Place the dates on a rack covering a sheet pan. Roast 350 degrees 15-25 minutes til fragrant and bacon is cooked through. Serve on a heat proof tray.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre