If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Brie en croute is a wonderful combination of flavors. It's a beautiful appetizer that's sure to be enjoyed by all. —Brenda Washnock
Puff Pastry Sheet
ounces Wheel of Brie
cup Dried Cherries
cup Toasted Pecans
teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Stir together the dried cherries, honey, toasted pecans and rosemary.
- Lay the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut it into a large oval with a knife (reserve the scraps). Spoon the cherry mixture in the center of the puff pastry. Top with the cheese.
- . Brush the edge of the oval with egg mixture. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate the top with the pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy with crackers or as is.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre