If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe should appeal to all hot people out there because it's cold...whoopee and it's healthy unlike the other cold thing you eat...ice cream, which is yummy too. Maybe have one after since you will be so full of goodness! Best served with a good hunk of focaccia by the beach.
A delicious way to serve it is for a summer canapé party in shot glasses! —Flossie
cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
red peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
handful fresh basil leaves
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
handful stale white or wholemeal bread, no crusts
- Boil the kettle and score the top of your tomatoes. Pour the boiling water over the tomatoes for about 30 seconds until the skin starts to split. Run them under cold water and peel off the skins.
- Soak the bread in a bowl of water for a couple of minutes and then squeeze out the excess water and put in the blender along with all the other ingredients.
- Wizz everything up together until smooth, adding plenty of seasoning, it will take a lot of salt. Add more basil, balsamic, olive oil until it tastes amazing.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before eating. If your in a rush you can blend it with some ice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre