If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made these a few times a week growing up. They are a take on the humble oatmeal, but somehow the combination makes them taste different from any cookie I've had. Also - chilled, it makes the best cookie dough of all time. —Posie Harwood
Makes 1 batch
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped toasted nuts (pecans or walnuts are best)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- Cream the butter and sugars until very light.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix very well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, depending on size of cookies. (I like to make each about the size of an ice cream scoop of dough).