If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making soups but not all of the family enjoys soup as much as I do. With that in mind, I often find ways to create soup recipes which are made to suit two soup lovers. French Onion Soup For Two is prepared with this in mind. Onions, shallots and garlic mingle together to create an aromatic end result. Throw in some red wine for that extra kick. After all, can you really have too much red wine? —Kristen Kwiatkowski
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 slices of cheese (mozzarella or provolone)
- 2 slices french baguette
- pinches parsley flakes for garnish
- Melt butter and extra virgin olive oil in medium saucepan.
- Add chopped garlic and cook until tender.
- Add chopped red onion and shallot to garlic in pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Saute mixture until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into two oven-safe crocks (broiler-safe) and place on baking tray. Top each crock with a slice of French baguette and slice of cheese. Broil until top is brown.
- Garnish with parsley flakes and serve.